Experienced Cook & Prep Cook (Part-Time)
Loon Lake Camp Lodge & Retreat Centre, located in the UBC Malcolm Knapp Research Forest, is currently looking for an experienced cook or prep cook to join our family.
- Job Title: Cook/Prep cook
- Department: Food Services
- Job Type: Part-time
- Hours /week: 24-40; depending on business requirements and your availability
- Starting Wage: $16-$18 per hour depending on experience
- Benefits: May be available in the future if position turns to full-time
- Start Date: May 30, 2018
Do you want to be a part of a friendly team in a beautiful and inspiring environment?
Why you should you work with us?
We are a unique year-round facility that provides lodging and meals for group functions. Guests use our location to host their own events or programs. As a valued member of our team, you would gain the following benefits:
- Access to our beautiful private location in the magical UBC Malcolm Knapp Research Forest
- Work with a caring, unique and inviting team of people
- Use of our private lake and canoes on days when the facility is not rented out
- Staff meals at no cost during your shift
Basic Duties of the Position
- Portioning, preparing, and cooking buffet-style meals for groups from 15-110 people
- Using modern commercial grade equipment (ovens, grills, deep-fryers etc.) to cook meals and bake desserts
- Ensuring all food items are ready to be served at set meal times
- Making coffee, and replenishing juice machine
- Cleaning (mopping kitchen and dining hall floors, washing tables, counters and sinks, washing/putting away dishes
- Laundry (aprons, towels, cleaning cloths, bedding)
- Recording food/supplies that are running low
- Recording cooler temperatures.
- Valid Food Safe Certificate
- Good knowledge and prior experience in the culinary industry
- Must have own transportation; no access to transit at our location
- Valid First Aid certificate is an asset.
Skills and Attributes
In addition to the duties and requirements of the position, we are interested in someone who:
- Has the ability to work as part of a team, and unsupervised
- Has great leadership skills
- Has excellent people skills; is friendly, kind, and approachable
- Is willing to work some week/weekend days and provide relief for other staff holiday/sick days
- Has experience cooking for large groups of people.
If you think this job sounds right for you, send us your information!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (or use this submission form) above by May 20, 2018, and include "Part-time Cook" in your subject line.
We thank all who apply! Only those considered will be contacted.